HOW I BUILT THIS WEBINAR GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AGE EIGHTEEN (18) OR OVER. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Sponsor. The 2018 How I Built This Webinar Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is sponsored by National Public Radio, Inc., a District of Columbia non-profit corporation with principal offices at 1111 North Capitol Street NE, Washington, DC 20002 (“NPR”).
- Eligibility. The Giveaway is open to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry and are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Void outside of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, in Puerto Rico, and where prohibited by law. Employees of NPR and its related organizations (including its Member Stations), their immediate family, or persons living in the same household are not eligible to enter.
- How To Enter. To enter, an individual must visit summit.npr.org/webinar and register for the How I Built This webinar on “How to Craft Your Personal Value Proposition” featuring Joanna Bloor, scheduled to take place on September 13, 2018, between 2:00 p.m. EDT and 3:00 p.m. EDT (the “Webinar”).
- Period. The Giveaway will begin on August 24, 2018, at 9:00 a.m. EDT when registration for the Webinar opens, and will end on either September 13, 2018, at 2:00 p.m. EDT or when the Webinar reaches capacity of 500, whichever comes first.
- Winning and Notification. On or about September 13, 2018, two (2) individuals will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received (each, a “Winner”). NPR will reach out to each Winner via the e-mail address that Winner used to register for the Webinar. A Winner’s failure to respond to NPR’s notification within twenty-four (24) hours may result in that Winner’s forfeiture of a Prize (as defined below) and, in such case, NPR may select an alternate Winner. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes. Each of the two (2) Winners will receive one (1) ticket to the 2018 How I Built This Summit, scheduled to take place at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, California, on October 16, 2018, between 8:00 a.m. PDT and 5:30 p.m. PDT (each, a “Prize”). The approximate retail value of each Prize is Six Hundred Ninety-nine Dollars ($699.00). All costs and expenses associated with a Prize that are not specifically provided herein are the sole responsibility of each Winner, including, without limitation, any travel and accommodation expenses. Each Winner will be solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes resulting from acceptance of a Prize. A Prize cannot be transferred or assigned to another person. No Prize substitution or changes are allowed except at the discretion of NPR. NPR will not be obligated to award any Prize that relates to or arises out of improper or mistaken Prize notification, operation, or function of this Giveaway.
- Grant of Rights. Except where prohibited by law, a Winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for NPR to use the Winner’s name and likeness worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, for any promotional, advertising, or publicity purpose without further compensation or approval.
- General Terms.
(a) NPR reserves the right to change any terms of these Official Rules, or to address any issue that arises, with updates or amendments to these Official Rules at any time up to the date that the Winners are notified.
(b) By entering, participants agree to release NPR and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives from all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, and expenses arising from the Giveaway or the award or use of any Prize.
(d) The Giveaway is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to its conflict of law principles, and the forum and venue for any dispute relating to the Giveaway will be in a court of competent jurisdiction in the District of Columbia.
(e) For the names of the Winners, after October 16, 2018, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winners List, “How I Built This Webinar Giveaway,” ATTN: Office of the General Counsel, c/o National Public Radio, Inc., 1111 North Capitol Street NE, Washington, DC 20002. Requests received without a self-addressed, stamped envelope will not be fulfilled. Requests must be received no later than December 31, 2018.